Eleven Very Practical Things I’ve Learned Lately (the hard way)
1. You can never love someone too much.
2. If you love someone, never worry about how often you tell them so. Better to make the mistake of saying it too much than leave them wondering.
3. You can never give someone too many hugs, as long as you let them breathe and don’t do anything sexually inappropriate.
4. You can never tell anyone enough times that you appreciate them.
5. It is always right to say “thank you.”
6. Saying “Please” is not only polite, sometimes it’s just something you have to do.
7. You don’t always have to be the giver.
8. It is true that it’s more blessed to give than to receive, but receiving probably won’t hurt you either.
9. “Seventy times seven” is probably just a rough approximation on the low side.
10. When Jesus says, “you must forgive” he means it.
11. Everything, and I do mean everything, really does work all together for the good of those who love God even the least little bit.
Sunday, December 17, 2000 3:46 PM