1. Ten years ago: I was still getting used to my new surroundings and settling into my role as a country preacher.
2. Five years ago: Recovering strength after the illness that nearly killed me the previous year. Worked out a lot.
3. One year ago: "Serenity." Visiting the sick, hip-deep in weddings and funerals.
4. Yesterday: A day in the life. Phone calls, IMs, nursing home visit, reading, writing.
5. Today: Busy since getting up (late) around 7. International communications. Updating blogs. More visits and phone calls to come Thinking about how far behind I am. Political meeting tonight. Considering the attractions of monastic life.
6. Tomorrow: Pay bills, clean office, save the world.
7. Five snacks I enjoy: Muenster cheese, little cans of peaches or pineapple, DOUGHNUTS, ice cream, cheez-its.
8. Five bands whose songs I know most of the lyrics to: The Beatles. That's it, really.
9. Five things I would do with $100,000,000: Pay the debts currently outstanding, establish a charitable foundation, provide myself a sufficient allowance that I can travel a lot, and finally go back to grad school.
10. Five locations I'd like to run away to: Provence. Tibet. Scotland. The British Museum. Mars.
11. Five Bad Habits: Procrastinaton. Megalomania. Nose-Picking. Voting. Online quizzes.
12. Five things I like doing: Conversing, Reading, Thinking (these last two are really part of the first one, so I get four more....), Being Present, Playing Games, Eating, and That Thing That Involves the Most Significant Other.
13. Five TV shows I like: Battlestar Galactica, Gilmore Girls, Doctor Who, The Daily Show, and that professional wrestling thing....
14. Famous People I'd like to meet, living or dead: If they wrote down their thoughts, I've already met them.... I'm always glad to meet any actually existing human.
15. Biggest joys at the moment: Forty-Two.
16. Favorite toys: Coffeemakers, these electronic thingies, my hat.
17. Five people to tag: Send this to everyone you know. Please do not break this chain. In Chicago one man broke it and he turned into an orc.